OUR Committment to YOUR Data Privacy
Privacy is about more than just protecting you when you share your personal information when you use our products and services, or when you use our websites. Privacy is also about our obligation to collect, use and disclose this information only for the purposes we’ve explained to you.
School of Wholeness and Enlightenment are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information and abiding with privacy regulations in all countries where we operate and conduct our business. Our privacy committment is about more than complying with applicable privacy laws. It’s about doing the right thing and respecting your right to have the information you share with us protected and responsibly handled.
Our Company is - School of Wholeness and Enlightenment, INC (hereafter SoWE), a 501(c) (3) non-profit company
Our Registered Address is - 1126 Upper Thomas Branch Road, Marshall, NC 28753
Our Data Privacy Contact is - Stephen Stritch
Our Email Contact is - firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Privacy Summary
This privacy statement applies to our website/s, https://www.soweglobal.com
Our three essential promises to you are -
- We use Client data to deliver on our Purpose
- We do not sell Client data
- We inform Clients about why we collect and use their data
Our Global Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to all our wholly owned subsidiaries and operations worldwide. We always strive to be more transparent about our privacy practices. This Statement provides an overview of how we collect, use and protect personal information belonging to anyone that interacts with us including clients, business partners or other third parties in our global business activities.
This Statement applies when you connect with us through our call centres and other communication channels. We also provide more detailed information about your interactions with us when you visit our authorized websites, mobile apps and other electronic platforms (“Digital Properties”).
It’s our global commitment to use only fair and legal means to collect your information. We use it in a legal, respectful and fair manner. We comply with local laws and regulatory requirements in each country we operate in. For information about our local privacy practices, you can read our local policies below.
International Privacy PoliciesUSA Residents including the Californian CCPA & CPPAThe United Kingdom & Europe GDPRResidents of Canada
Personal Information or data means information about an identifiable individual. This includes factual or subjective information from which an individual’s identity can be reasonably determined. It also includes data points that when combined with other information could identify an individual. This may be your contact, health, financial or lifestyle information, or feedback you provide through surveys. It doesn’t include aggregate or anonymous data because that information does not identify an individual.
What personal information we may collect from you
We collect personal information from you that’s necessary to:
- deliver products and services
- enhance your experience and interactions with us
- manage our business operations
- fulfil our legal and security obligations
You don’t have to provide personal information to use our Digital Properties unless a particular feature requires it. Here are some situations that will require you to provide personal information:
- accessing your account online or through a mobile app
- signing up for a newsletter
- applying for a product online
We maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that personal information in our possession and the information we exchange with our service providers and agents is accurate and kept up to date. As permitted by applicable law, you can request to access and correct your personal information.
We don’t knowingly collect information from or market products and services directly to children under the age of majority. We only collect information about children from parents or legal guardians when they are covered under their policies or assigned as beneficiaries.
What other data we collect through our Digital Properties
We collect and analyze data related to your use of our Digital Properties to evaluate and improve functionality, user experience and the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing activities.
We may also share aggregated, anonymous data with third parties. This data cannot directly identify you. We may combine some of the data we collect through our Digital Properties with other data we have about you for analytics.
Examples of the data we collect for this purpose may include:
- your IP address
- your device information such as your operating system, browser version and screen resolution
- your approximate location
- how you got to our Digital Properties (i.e. traffic sources)
- whether you are a new or repeat visitor
- what pages on our Digital Properties you view
- how long you stay on our Digital Properties
- what links you clicked on
- whether you viewed any videos
- what you search for on our Digital Properties
- information you have voluntarily provided through surveys and forms on our Digital Properties
We use this data to improve your digital experience:
- evaluate and enhance site performance, user experience and functionality
- gather insights that will help us improve our products and services
- increase the relevancy of marketing campaigns
- make our content easier to find in both internal and external search engines
How we safeguard your information
We maintain technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We limit access to those who have a business need to know. We want to provide our website visitors with more information that may be helpful to them. That’s why some of our websites contain links to other websites that are not affiliated with or maintained by us. We are selective about the websites we link to, but we don’t monitor or manage the privacy practices of these third-party websites. As a result, we can’t assume any responsibility for the data collection policies and procedures of these websites. We’ll let you know when you are leaving our Digital Properties to link to an external website.
How we use your data
How we use your information
Some examples of how we use your personal information:
Delivering products and services
- manage your accounts and provide administrative support
- understand your needs and suitability of our products
- provide you with updates on your accounts, products and services
- investigate complaints and respond to inquiries
Enhancing your experience and interactions with us
- personalize and improve your experience while using our Digital Properties
- better understand your interest in our products and services
- better understand your preferences, needs and how you use our Digital Properties
- deliver targeted and personalized marketing
Managing our business operations
- analyze and improve our internal business processes
- develop products and services
- determine effectiveness of our marketing and advertising
- evaluate and improve the functionality of our Digital Properties
Fulfilling security and legal obligations
- confirm your identity to make sure no one else is accessing your information enhance digital security, iimplement risk management programs and procedures to protect against fraud, errors or misrepresentations
- meet regulatory or contractual requirements
We may need to use your information in other ways, as required by law. If we need to use your information for any other purposes, we will do so only with your consent.
Why we share your information
We are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of all personal information in our possession. That includes information transferred to third parties performing services on our behalf such as our agents, service providers or our affiliates, along with our reinsurers. When third parties store or process your information outside the country where it was collected, we follow all local laws. In those cases, the processing of your personal information may be subject to the laws of those other countries. We always require that these third parties protect your personal information consistent with our privacy policies and practices and comply with relevant laws.
We are careful what information we share and why. We aim to limit the personal information we share with third parties to what is needed for the service they provide.
Here are some of the services third parties provide:
- providing cloud hosted digital solutions and advanced technologies
- facilitating marketing campaigns, surveys and market research activities
In some cases, laws require us to share information with regulators or government agencies.
What are your basic privacy rights?
We inform you why we collect, use and share your personal information. In some cases, we may request your express consent for the use of your personal information. You have a choice to withdraw your consent for processing of your personal information. Sometimes, this is not possible because of legal or contractual requirements. Withdrawing your consent may limit our ability to provide you with a full range of services. Here are some of the choices you may have depending on your jurisdiction:
- You may request not to receive marketing and other commercial messages.
- You may choose to communicate with us and provide your information using multiple channels: digital, telephone or regular mail.
Digital Properties Explained
- help us better understand how our websites and mobile apps are being used
- measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing activities
- support our security and fraud prevention efforts
A cookie is a small file of data that a website or mobile app sends and stores on your device. The next time you visit our website or mobile app, we may use the information stored in your cookie to make your visit easier. A cookie doesn’t tell us your identity unless you have chosen to provide it to us. Cookies can’t access information or files from your device.
There are two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
- A session cookie is erased when you close your Internet browser and leave our website or mobile app.
- A persistent cookie is a file that remains on your device when you close your Internet browser. Only the website that created the cookie can read it when you revisit that site.
Cookies can be used to identify a visitor only if the visitor has used a website's login feature. Sometimes you may ask us to save your access ID for use the next time you visit our website or mobile app. In that case, we’ll use a cookie or a mobile secure storage to store your access ID in an encrypted format on your device. The website or mobile app will recognize you the next time you visit and sign in. In this way, we can recall your preferences and provide a more customized experience.
Persistent cookies have expiry dates and are automatically deleted from your device after that date. You can also clear your stored cookies through your browser preferences on your device. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit our website or mobile app, a new cookie will be added.
You can set your website browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, so you can decide whether to accept or reject it. You can also use your device settings to control whether certain information is collected, such as geolocation or certain device information. You may choose not to accept cookies or not to provide location and other device information. In those cases, you may notice some digital services may not function effectively
Our use of data analytics
We use advanced data analytics technologies such as Google analytics so we’re able to:
- make better decisions about our business processes
- offer you more relevant products and services
- personalize interactions through all our communication channels
We use multiple data points collected through various business lines and communication channels to understand your needs. We use your information for analytics in a respectful and fair manner Advanced analytics helps us be more relevant to you and conduct our business in a more efficient way. We also use analytics insights to innovate and implement new technologies and automation.